Saturday, May 29, 2010

←Flash review→

nissin -622 I bought it at rm450 original product with 2 years warranty from schmidt marketing +rm20 for a cheap diffuser! it's the cheapest in lowyat(I doubt so)!
+ another rm100 for 4 X AA sony rechargable batteries
total, it swapped my rm570 away!

The sample pictures from the flash!
As you can see, the flash is just soft

a little bit softer than sb600

the range of the flash is 24mm-105mm
which is quite far as you can see

when doing portrait shoots, flash adds an additional credit to it!

the flash can be triggered through my d90 with the built-in flash
as a commander even it is far far away!

I just bought a flash unit nissin i622
it's obviously an off-brand flash
previously I was insisted to buy a nikon sb600
after a deep thought
I went into this instead of sticking back to the nikon brand
there are alot of reviews regarding this flash unit
let me just share my experience of using this flash to you guys

* it's obviously bigger size as compared to sb600
* stronger flash( to sb600)
* slower recycle time( appx 4.x sec)
* can only use as slave unit(with manual control on the flash itself, doesn't work with i-TTL)
* a little bit annoyed by the zooming sound when i-TTL is on!=.=''
* no lcd but the user-friendly buttons are just simple to be done!
* no buttons are need to be pressed when you wanna swivel or turn the head
( as sb600 you have to always press and turn simultaneously which is kinda irritating, at least for me)
this flash serves me well with what I wanted!

If you are still considering between off-brand and original flash
let me ask you a question
Are you a heavy flash user?
nissin i622 can do what a flash should
come on lah~ prise wise I think sb600 can almost buy 2 nissin's
market price for sb600 is around rm800!
If you aren't a heavy flash user where you only need a flash for function
then go for nissin!
if budget is not a problem, always go for original
for me nissin i622 is really a good flash
I got no regret of getting it!
you get more than what you actually pay for, frankly speaking!
unless you are a pro who wants to do nikon CLS( creating lightning system)
then do not waste your time! (just stick to nikon sb)
As for me, my main concern is always; whether the flash serves me well or not

No comments:

Post a Comment